Car Buying Checklist
Here are some factors to consider when planning a new car purchase:
- Before beginning your search, speak to a Community Bank associate. He/she will help you determine your budget and determine your eligibility for one of our competitive-rate Auto Loans. Not only will this help you to focus your search on cars in your price range, saving you time, but you will have more bargaining power with a dealer if you already have financing in place.
- Once you’ve determined your budget for a new vehicle, stick to it and don’t overspend, even though you may be tempted. Knowing your budget before you begin looking will help you to be more in control of the car buying process.
- Establish what you need and want in a new vehicle, compare vehicles and research the market to see which vehicles best fit your needs.
- When negotiating with a dealer, knowledge is power. A little research beforehand can help you determine the right price for a particular vehicle so you don’t end up paying too much.
- Once you think you’ve made a decision to buy, don’t make the purchase right away. ‘Sleep’ on it. That way, you’re less likely to make a purchase in haste that you’ll regret later on. Try to resist tactics on the part of a dealer to get you to make an impulse purchase.